HybridZ

edis will not sparking.

moerex

hello all. i'm trying to run an edis setup on a ms v3 with relay board.

the edis is not spaking as it should. i have checked and rechecked my wiring it is just like thisedis6ew.gif

how do you test the module, coil packs, and the vr sensor.

• Administrators

Ok. I was fortunate in that my EDIS-6 worked flawlessly from the get go, (other than my lack of verifying resistor spark plugs and using MS friendly plug wires on the out set).

1) Is it sparking at all?

2) If it is sparking, I am assuming that your engine does at least run, other than on the starter?

3) If it is sparking and running, is the timing stagnant, i.e. at the preset 10 Degrees BTDC?

From a post I made last year:

OK, got it running today on EDIS. Only encountered one problem, the way they label the coil outputs on the module is not correct for the L6. I ASSumed, that coil output A would go to 1st and opposed, B would go to 2nd and opposed, and C would go to 3rd and opposed. NOT! Hear is the wiring diagram:

edis6wiring.gif

They should be connected like this:

Coil output A (pin 10) => 1st and opposed

Coil output B (pin 12) => 3rd and opposed

Coil output C (pin 11) => 2nd and opposed

Everything else checked out OK on the EDIS MS FAQ

Ok, I got up early this morning and swapped the lead to the vr sensor.

and nothing changed. I did not use the sheild because the wire i got out off the salvage yard was to short. Would that be the cause?? Anyway I'm gonna check some things with a multimeter to make sure it is all getting power. Thaks for all the help guys

Todd

If there is enough noise on the VR signal, then the EDIS module will not fire the coil. The VR signal has a very low amplitude, so any noise that couples into it can have a big effect.

Where you you have the power to the MS connected? It should be at the battery (not the starter for example).

If there is enough noise on the VR signal, then the EDIS module will not fire the coil. The VR signal has a very low amplitude, so any noise that couples into it can have a big effect.

Do you think he would have noise without anything running though? I don't know, just assuming there wouldn't be. I know there would be some if it was firing.