HybridZ

Body Shop in Orange County Area?

Hugh

I need to find a reliable body shop that some Z owners can vouch for. I've spoken to some collision shops, and they all seem a little iffy to me and I don't trust them with my Z.

A shop with some good Z experience would be nice. I need some collision repair plus custom shaving of the rear roll pan done. The floor pans need replacing, and I need to have brackets fabricated for my GT-R seats, as well.

I would like to find a local place to Orange County, California.

Here's a pic of my POS:

crappy_thumb.jpg

I'll add three for Southern California (in order of price, from cheapest to most expensive):

Maaco Auto Body and Painting

13261 Imperial Hwy

Whittier, CA 90605

(562) 777-0010

Ask for Lance. He owns a 240Z and has painted 2 of my customer's cars. Both are happy with the work.

West Coast Collision

561 S Cypress St

La Habra, CA 90631

(714) 447-1030

Ask for Brent. He's painted a friend's 56 big window Ford pickup which turned out great. Brent has painted some non-car things for me and done a good job. A more traditional kind of paint and body shop where the quality is good but your car might end up in paint-jail for a few months.

Lanzini Body Works

http://www.lanzinibodyworks.com/

Ask for Mitch. The best and you'll pay for it. As seen on the Overhauling TV show, Mitch does a lot of work for Chip Foose. Mitch repaired and painted the Rusty Old Datsun years ago and did a great job. The paint on the car was much better then the car deserved.

Thanks, I will get in touch with the La Habra shop most likely in the next couple days. Thanks for the info!!

Mine was guy thought 65 was too slow for the Ketella exit so he hoped in front of me and slamed on his brakes and my brakes locked up after a bit (I didn't lock them up as soon as I touched the pedel mind you) and I spun around and ended up painting the rail regetta red. But at least it's only cosmetic.

• 3 weeks later...