HybridZ

RT Bracket & stock 6

midnightmoonlight

More testimonials, please. Looking at my crossmember after five years of using solid mount there are no stress cracks but center hole is beginning to baloon upward like Zgads failure. Apparently the straight line stuff isn't as hard on the pieces as running through the twisties... Still the design seems superior and should be much quieter, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Just want to here more from those using it.

One last thing to think about is eliminating the stock mount underneath allows you to get the nose of the diff lower. This may help get the driveline angles correct.

Some forget you can put spacers under the trans crossmember, sandwiched between the body and crossmember, to get the angles correct. I used 1/4 aluminum plates under mine with the solid rear diff mount. Still the adjustabilty is a snap with the R/T design.

I feel uncomfortable with the minimal amount of material locking the poly mount together.

I wonder if the new poly mount can survive repeated situations where the rear suddenly locks up, grippy tires and a hard downshift, letting off the gas suddenly from redline, and the diff nose dives down. Perhaps a lower should be used as well. The R/T mount ends up just being a pinion snubber and will save the lower mount from destructing under power. Until someone can say otherwise, and to be safe in either situation, I think I'll sandwich the two to limit both directions, then not be a test pilot. The crossmember failure with a solid mount, or tearing up the stock under power was more of my concern than ease of removal anyway.

John, I don't have quite as much torque as you do ;), but I am planning to do exactly what you describe. If the R/T mount can limit the nose of the diff to rise no more than some small amount (not sure what the optimum amount is as I haven't installed mine yet), then the stock mount should be able to keep the nose located without failing over time. This should also keep things quiet.

That's my thinking, and plan. Sounds like a few others have already gone down this path with success.