HybridZ

Injector suggestions for NA

Zmanco

I've been running triple webers but am beginning to think about switching to megasquirt. I've already got a stock '80 intake with the original injectors. They don't look to be in good condition at all. I'm running an L28 with flat top pistons, N42 head, bigger cam, headers, etc. I'm concerned that the stock injectors will be close to maxing out and figure that if I'm buying new, I should go with something a little bigger. As I've read here, the stock injectors are rated 19 lb/hr. From some of the "HP to flow" charts I've seen, I figure that 22 lb would be the right size for me. My questions are:

1) should I go with a slightly larger than stock injector? Is 22 lb the right size? (I do not plan to go turbo later).

2) which "larger" injectors will fit the stock manifold without machining? Also, without destroying my budget?

I read the sticky, but it appears to be mostly focused on turbo applications.

Also, has anyone found a decent source for a fuel surge tank besides the ones from Australia? Please don't suggest a Bronco II - not too many of them in the JYs here in Colorado.

24lb turbo injectors with hook right up to the stock fuel rail and should give you plenty of fuel to play with. Otherwise you could go for junkyard injectors and a pallnet rail. I got some 33lb(?) injectors from a funky ford tbi setup and a special pallnet rail to fit them. The holes for the injectors in the intake had to be drilled out a bit, but they work perfectly and were super easy to find...

I bought 338cc ford cfi injectors from motor man (link and pics in the sticky at the top of this forum). Bolt right in. Ran $159.94. Not bad for all 6 rebuilt and flow tested.

Not sure why you're under the impression you need a surge tank. I don't use one on my 73, and I have had zero problems.