HybridZ

Electromotive Tec3 firmware

jgkurz

Hi All,

I was pleasantly surprised to see Electromotive recently released new firmware 3.5.5 for the Tec3. It's been so long I thought for sure development had stopped. I'm happy with the Tec3 but it sure seems like some of the other aftermarket EFI systems are getting a leg up in the software features. Wolf3D, Megasquirt and Fast to name a few.

I plan on installing the new firmware this week. If I find any bugs I'll post it here.

http://www.getfuelinjected.com/products/wintec3d.html

I finally got around to upgrading the firmware on my Tec3. I was at 3.4.1 and went to the new 3.5.5. My Tec3 is the first generation so it's not the currently offered Tec3R. My understanding the Tec3R has some improved starting circuitry and support for 2-wire Idle Air Controllers. From a tuning perspective I think they are identical.

The upgrade went smoothly and took and 30 minutes start to finish. The only fix that affected me was the improved deceleration to cruise transition. 3.4.1 code seemed to shut the injectors off and on while at that slight throttle cruising. There may be additional improvements but I will need more seat time before I can tell. Overall the car is running great and I'm looking forward to driving it in the dryer weather this summer. :-D

• 5 months later...