HybridZ

Have you ever been a passenger ?

Today I had the experience of letting someone else drive my car with me in it. A good racer friend who I havent seen in a few months came to see me today and we went out for a drive. I cannot tell you how scared I was on so many different levels:

1. MEchanical failure as this is engineered by JOE

2. Loosing face in the vent of a mechanical failure

3. wrecking

4. Police while "Testing the Performance"

My legs are still tired from pressing the imaginary pedals on the passenger side.

Anyway we made several hard accelerations. Then this ls1 firebird started tailing us. I was unaware that it was "ON". We made a right turn from a light on to the highway and this firebird started to slingshot from behind us. SO my "DRIVER" guns first gear from a 15 - 20 mph roll and immediately lights up both 16x10 back tires. We roll up to 3rd gear around 6000rpm before letting off and we had walked away from the firebird. Whew I was relieved when we pulled into the garage. The driver was impressed and no failures. So today was a very satisfying day. Sorry for "Testing the Performance" on the highway. Will be going to the strip soon though.