HybridZ

Completed the exhaust on my LS1

VinhZXT

Sounds good and it looks like you figured out a solution to prevent ground clearance problems. It looks like you removed a piece from your front framerails. Did you install any additional structure to compensate for that?

Now you just need to watch your legs when you get in and out of the car to make sure you don't get burnt.

:icon52:

Bartman,

Right now I didn't do anything with the frame rails where I cut. In the pictures you can see I jacked the car from behind the rails and I don't see any buckling after I cut the rails. However when I get to work on the frame restoration I will add 2 1/4" plates on each side of the cut and add a removable bridge to reenforce the rails. I tug the side pipes very close to the body and I will have a shield on them also.

Larry,

Thanks for sharing your pix. Look farmiliar doesn't it? lol .. they are 3" BTW.

Larry,

Thanks for sharing your pix. Look farmiliar doesn't it? lol .. they are 3" BTW.

You'll never have sidepipe or mounting hardware damage by using flex joints in your set-up. Make sure you check the area's you drive in for drop-offs, large speed bumps and deep exits and entrances onto roadways. Go slow when your in that situation. I've had a scrape or two...:lmao:

LARRY

Larry,

With or without the flex joints I think the first thing will go is my rockers where I welded the mounts for the side pipes. The rocker panel is very weak and I might have to redo these mounts later on. My car is sitting high right now and I think I have 5 or 6 inches of clearance from the exhaust. So if I drop 2" later I still should be OK. I still have to watch out for speed bumps.

b_sosick,

Thanks

PS. I need to disable my torque management so I can do better on the burn out lol.