HybridZ

Replacing chassis rails

Hi all,

I've done some searching of the web and this forum but haven't had any luck so far.

I've shot blasted my 240 shell and the chassis rails are a bit of a patchwork quilt. I'm of the do it once and do it properly school of thought so...

1) I'm trying to source some accurate drawings of the chassis rails so I can make them/have them made. I'm in England and they are available but a silly price to be honest. If I have to I'll pay it but I know the local fabricators could do a really good job of them.

2) I'm only a hobbiest so I need to make myself some sort of jig, and for this I'll need measurements, hopefully to the original Nissan spec. I've never attempted anything like this, so I'm a bit worried that I'll weld it all back up and have a car that crabs up the road. However it's already had the front rails replaced so it might not be straight anyway :)

If anyone has anything that can help I'd appreciate it, if not I'll have to go about trying to measure up the best car I can find here and try and figure it out for myself.

Thanks

Russ

Thanks for the links guys.

They look pretty simple to make, if I could get some decent drawings of them I'd probably go that route. Pete's chassis rails don't follow exactly the original ones so I could probably do that.