HybridZ

Solid Crank Pulley

mario_82_ZXT

In a thread a while ago I think it was Tony D that posted how the L20A used a solid crank pulley, and that the L28 seemed to go through dampers a lot faster then the L20A and L24 when subjected to high RPMs for extended periods (or more like that's what I understood of it).

I'm planning on selling my MSnS'd 280ZXT and used the money to MS and supercharge my 78 280z and MS and turbocharge my dad's 76 280z (yes dropping in the old ZXT motor would be the best bet but we don't have a place to store the ZXT to part it out).

Anyways, I want to run a full serpentine belt system (6 groove mininum) and I remembered AZ Zcar offering a serpentine belt pulley set, and the crank pulley was a solid and sleeved aluminum pulley.

What happens if you don't run a damper? I've seen a video (I think it was on the autospeed.au website) where they hit a crank with and without a damper and the damper made a huge difference in vibrations picked up by their instrumentation.

Should I wait until that eBay damper is actually being manufactured and just attach a serpentine pulley to the front of that?

I need to start figuring out the pulley dimensions as I hope to finish this project in the summer.

Suggestions welcomed, thanks,

Mario

Those are the eBay ones. On eBay they were selling for $75 + 15 shipping.

Those are still v-belt though, not serpentine. Now that I think about it I think ZRaceProducts has ones thats a damper and serpenting belt but it's like $420...

Mario

Yep, they also have the other pulleys that you would need.

Dragonfly