HybridZ

Good used 350s and Trannies in MI

Hi,I haven't posted in a while since I wrecked my Z last year.Anyway I have a Mazda Rx7 that I'm planning to drop a 350sbc into and was wondering if anybody here knows of a good place in MI to get one.like if their was a good place that they got their 350 from.I know I don't have a Z anymore but I plan on usign a chevy 350 engine and Tranny like you guys use so I figure its kinda on topic here,and you guys seem to have all hte answers.

I want to keep my car manual but it seems the T5 is a piece of junk and people recomend to go auto or t56.since the rx7 is light weight and the Zs cousin I was woundering what you would reccomend for a manual tranny?waht do peole run in their Zs?Anybody use a borg warner super T10 Tranny?the gearing in my car makes it a bit hard.4:10 gears and like 12 or 14 inch tires.

The Guy hewlping me has a turbo 350 wiht corvette gears,and a b&m shift kit for 500$.Its a ratchet shift tranny,I have never driven one so do you shift it like a motorcyle tranny,1 gear ata time except no clutch or do you just put it in drive and go?

Thanks

So is it just like a regular auto just put it in drive and go with the option of shifting yourself to shift faster.or do you have to upshift and downshift?

thats one of the problems with the swap,I really like manual trannys.

Would anybody happen to know if borg warner super T10s are sturdy trannys or are they weak like the T5s?

the trans. will act like any other "normal" auto trans.

UNLESS

It has a manual valvebody, then you have to shift thru the gears, no way around it. Its still an auto, just have to manual shift. With a manual valve body if you put the shifter in drive the trans. is in drive. Same for second, same for first.

Unless

Its a reverse shift manual vavle body, then first and third are swapped. Park, reverse and neutral stay where they are.

Consused yet. I think I am!!! ;)