HybridZ

Eibach Progressive Springs for V8 Z

Has anyone used Eibach Progressive springs on their V8 Z? How well do they perform?

Our V8 Z will be a street car. I Think the Eibach progressive springs are 69/150lb/in front and 86/303lb/in rear, and I am concerned the fronts may bottom out with the V8.

As an alternative I was thinking 200lb/in front and 250lb/in rear. I want the ride firm. but not like a skate board. Seems like JTR suggested 175 spring rates all the way around.

Any input would be appreciated. Also, what is a good cheap reliable source for springs and shocks?

Thanks

Miles

they Suck....

and thats me trying to be polite.. ugg.gif

IMO the used springs i have now are better- i had the progressives in my car and it rubbed with a full tank of gas, i cant believe the rears are rated that high.

what do i recommend... hmmm well MY car has 225 fronts and 250 rears coilovers and tokiko inserts.

FWIW...... rolleyesg.gif

if not coilovers use suspension tech or tokiko springs but NOT any progressive ones.

IMO tokiko is the best insert for the $ value wise, there are better but for a street car these are the ticket

coilover kit $400 shipped and inserts $275 shipped if bought at same time

for a slightly softer ride go 200 and 225 rate, i suggest that this is the starting point but IF you have more than 300 HP then 225 may be soft in the rear and i try to keep the differential to 25 lbs for a average car

Guest Thurem

Mike

Please, more details on the shocks, Tokiko inserts, that you offer? Are these the 5 way adjustable ones? Are these the VW or the MR2 ones? Would you recommend using the same insert in all 4 corners, ie. Mr2 inserts spaced to fit in front and rear?

Thure

Mike

How does your car ride with the 225 front and 250 rear set up? On a scale of 1 (soft) to 10 (skate board) how would rate the ride for city driving and occasional hammering the pedal out of the hole?

Thanks for all the info

Miles

see if i can do this without putting my foot in my mouth :D

a rating is sooooo subjective but i would say a 7. its rough but not so rough the wife wont go in it for a ride, she actually loves that car...had many people go for rides and they never mentioned it being too rough. but hey i drive a new F350 dually daily and that is SMOOTH 2thumbs.gif i took a friends GF for a ride and she had her arms up like it was a roller coaster i was driving pretty fast thru a industrial subdivision at dusk and she thought it was a blast.

now the race car is a 11. that thing will pull your arms out its so hard to steer and so stiff but man is it fast on the track. it handles literally like it is on rails. aim the wheel and thats where the car goes. not gokart stiff just handles so well. you squish yourself into the seatsides so hard as it pulls so high on the G scale.

if you want a smooth ride go 200-225 thats where i say to start at. most people stay there. ask BLKMGK and SuperDan what they think of the setups they run to get a idea - i think BLKMGK was mentioning that he wanted to try 250 in the rear but cant remember...

at 40mph my car will break the tires loose on a hard acceleration.. but i have NO LSD and michelin 225 tires so not the stickiest. but at that time had 3.70s and now have 3.55's that made it better but still needs the LSD badly eek2.gif

oh and the pricing is for any type of tokiko NOT ILLUMINAS though. either stock length or shortened. i use the mr2 up front and the fronts in the rear for shortened. IMO the VW valving isnt enough for a 225 lb rated spring.

illumina pricing is like $125 each