HybridZ

Intro

Flexicoker

Whats shakin? Do you guys like Intros here? I hope you so... You get your ass reamed elsewhere for not doing one.

I'm Eric, 21 yr old mechanical engineering major at University of Texas - Arlington. I'm on the Formula SAE team, we build badass little racecars with motorcycle engines. 610cc limit. 20mm restrictor. Last years car had a Honda CBR250. 250cc 4cyl, 20,000 rpm redline (yeah, 4 zeroes), turbocharged, and drank E85 that smelt like bad tequila. Made about 75 hp between 'spontaneous crankcase ventilations'. In a car that weighs 450lbs without driver and can pull over 2 lateral G's. We also build our own carbon fiber wheels.

My specialities include delivering hot passion with a TIG torch, running a CNC 4-axis mill, and your mom jokes.

I don't actually have a 240Z yet, but I will... soon. It'll be my daily driver, so nothing too radical, but I'd like to slowly build a 3.1L while I'm still driving it. Oh, and a Torsen. That would rule.

I find it pretty awesome that you guys are discussing roll center heights and ackerman and the like. Hopefully I'm smart enough to contribute something useful there. I'm usually smart enough to contribute in the 'don't do that you're going to die' welding/fabrication arena.

This is becoming borderline novel length, so...

pictures here:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Flexicoker/Formula%20SAE/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Flexicoker/F06/

Movies here:

Later!