HybridZ

i finally got my 240 8)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guys,

well, i finally went ahead and bought a 240 in hope sof puttin an lt1 and t56 in. however, there is a 280turbo engine in there, and a 5 speed and it is already pretty dman fast 8) cant wait to put a v8 in it. i paid 3k for it, but it comes with 3 engines. 2 stock ones that were just rebuilt, and then the turbo engine, bran new tires, 2 sets of wheels, and a flawless inside. 8) here are some pics, and the bottom is a sig i made.

well here she is :

P2130001.jpg

img src="http://www.z32.org/unsorted/P2130004.jpg">

P2130016.jpg

and heres my sig :

mike240sig.jpg

Duuuuuude, you scored BIGTIME!!!!!!! WELL ALRIGHT!!!! biggrin.gif Sweeeet Z! With all that great stuff. Patience is a virtue and generally rewards you--CONGRATS!!!

A VERY NICE CAR! Your sig is totally raw too! Just make it a wee bit smaller and you're good to go. Congrats again on an awesome deal. This is definitely one to record as one of the great deals of all time!

David smile.gif

I just saw your repost of the interior, so I had to post again! The interior is totally pristine in that car--man, what a deal you made. Go ahead, rub it in my face, maybe there's one for me out there once I dump my stinky 260Z biggrin.gif

David

I'm sure he means that it's an L28 turbo *block*, but those delicious triple Webs make up for any lack of turbocity, IMHO.

HL, I'd think you could rebuild and sell the other two motors for a good head start on financing your conversion, assuming they're not damaged internally. You scored BIG time!

Congratulations - you should feel like a king right now.

Say, looking at the pic of your disgustingly clean interior, is that a 1970 console? What are those two long rectangular things in front of the soft, cushy-looking, uncracked (can you feel my envy?) armrest? It's not in the right place for the choke - hand throttle, maybe?

Enjoy!

Scott Ferguson

1974 260-Z w/ lots of V8 pieces floating around the garage...

[This message has been edited by RPMS (edited March 21, 2001).]

Guest Anonymous

hey guys,

thanks 8)

fist of all, yes its a 280t blosk..but they put 240 heads or somethign ot keep the compression ratio high since there is no turbos. also, i was going to ask you guys what those rectangualr pieces were. theres really no electronics in the console..so nothing works there. also another question - near the steering wheel, there is a switch that says 'flash' and it looks like a toggle switch...what is that? i was thinking it oculd be a good place to hook up NOS or something 8) i do plan on selling all 3 of the engines sometime so i can get my v8. 8) cya later, thanks

Guest Fast Frog

As one who has restored several Zs, sold a couple and kept 5 including my ZV8, I commend you on your find and purchase!! The shell alone with it's great exterior is worth is alone worth $2000+. But with the great interior included plus the 3 engines-WOW, what a buy!! Good luck with your project(s)!!

Rick

[This message has been edited by Fast Frog (edited March 21, 2001).]

WOW! Hell of a deal. Sell all the motors and you'll probably have gotten the car for free plus money! It might bring more money if you sold the weber setup separately.

That car looks great. BTW, I used to have those wheels on my Z - Michael (Ol) has them on his Rat powered Z now.

BTW, who makes that steering wheel? Nice!

Guest Anonymous

cool. i have those wheels and the motorsport wheels that are the panasport formula wheels. the steering wheel says grant in script..so im guess a company called grant? 8) btw its for sale if u want it, hehe. im selling a lot of the stuff. both sets of wheels, the carbs, the engines,

if anyone want shtem.let me know, hehe. the other set of wheels are in great condition also. cyas

Thief! SOMEONE CALL 911! We got a thief in the house!

Man you literally Stole that car! The body w/that interior alone is worth the $3k; w/the engines to boot! THIEF!

Congrats on the purchase/heck of a deal! I paid $2.2k for my car & bought it from the original owner w/all receipts from purchase order upto the date I bought the car: & my car is not as nice as yours! Mine is straight but not pristine! I like that color & the clean interior.

Really a great buy!

Kevin,

(Yes,Still an Inliner)

I just sold a set of Webers on E-Bay from my car - I got nearly $400 for them smile.gif Yours are cleaner but no air cleaners - you should easily get at least what I did I'd bet. If you go that route make sure you set a reserve as with a set that nice you'll want to be sure to get your money's worth. I've sold a few bits now including a 5speed trans and an R200 tonight. My Panasports are still for sale though - seems the buyer decided to go 5lug after seeing my car. smile.gif He'll have fun drilling the rear I'm sure (shrug).

Good deal man, I think you managed to do even better than I did, Congrats!