HybridZ

wheel spacer question???

i posted a wheel flip for nagative offset thread... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118118&highlight=rims+flip,

but i had this thought and question.

if i flip them and now have a smaller lip on the inside, its gonna wear out my wheel bearings since its being spaced out further is what i was told, but isnt it the same thing if i put on 1 1/2 or 2 inch spacers??? im lost here for a bit and want to see if anyone can tell me whats the difference in that, i dont want to flip them back and put on some spacers because it doesnt make any since to me when the inner lip will be sitting at the same demensions either way around?

i posted a wheel flip for nagative offset thread... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=118118&highlight=rims+flip,

but i had this thought and question.

if i flip them and now have a smaller lip on the inside, its gonna wear out my wheel bearings since its being spaced out further is what i was told, but isnt it the same thing if i put on 1 1/2 or 2 inch spacers??? im lost here for a bit and want to see if anyone can tell me whats the difference in that, i dont want to flip them back and put on some spacers because it doesnt make any since to me when the inner lip will be sitting at the same demensions either way around?

I think you are correct. The wheel bearings aren't going to wear any different if the wheel position remains the same (either via spacers, flipping the wheel, etc.).

Now the original statement about wheel bearings wearing out faster because the wheels are spaced out farther may still be true; it just doesn't matter how what means you used to space them out farther.

Hope that makes sense.

i have negative offsets on my rims but not sure by how much. the rims bare stick out about 1 1/2 from fender and it rubs like crap on the front fender where the spoiler and fender meets. im running 205/55/16. i might get away with 225/45/16. see what happens. i wonder how people get away with 9-10 inch rims with 245-275 tires???