HybridZ

Got a $500 bonus from work, what should I buy for my car?

big-phil

Heh, yeah, try not to get carried away. Bushings, shocks and brake pads snowballed into coilovers, camber plates, MM rear brakes, AZC front brakes, new master cylinder, front sway bar, air dam, steering wheel, ball joints, rack boots, tie rod ends, bump steer spacers, wheel bearings, wheel studs, etc. Oh yeah, I've repainted all of the suspension parts "while they're off the car." Just typing this out makes my head hurt.

This kind of upgrade can go way out of control. Go in with a plan.

Heh, yeah, try not to get carried away. Bushings, shocks and brake pads snowballed into coilovers, camber plates, MM rear brakes, AZC front brakes, new master cylinder, front sway bar, air dam, steering wheel, ball joints, rack boots, tie rod ends, bump steer spacers, wheel bearings, wheel studs, etc. Oh yeah, I've repainted all of the suspension parts "while they're off the car." Just typing this out makes my head hurt.

This kind of upgrade can go way out of control. Go in with a plan.

LMFAO I fell victim just like you!!!

It's hard to resist "While youre in there" logic... Im so weak!

- Greg -

Phil,

If you do go the suspension route I have the spindle pin tool you can borrow.

I second the poly kit and lowering springs with new inserts. As mentioned, this can snowball real fast. I ended up going the sand blasted and POR15 route with coil overs. I was down for 2 months.

Start spraying everything with PBblaster right now. It will make disassembly go alot more trouble free.