HybridZ

Rear bumper supports

CalifaThugz

Hey everybody I'm not really all that good at searching, I did my best on searching how to remove rear bumper supports. Well I wanted to ask how to take them off? I know to take the right one off you need to drop the gas tank, but when I was going to take off the left one I had to take off the muffler. (stock muffler) When I took it off there was a gaurd thing I unbolted everything but then I couldn't find anymore to take off I tried pushing it with my hand a bit but it wouldn't budge. Can anyone help me out? Will it be the same with the right bumper support thing? :confused: If someone can post pictures on how to take them off please do so I'm bad at following written instructions.

Thanks 280zx_sliding and Mario! I'm going to check tomorrow to see if there are any under my carpet, when I take them off do I use fiberglass to cover up the holes? There is rarely any rain up here it only rained one day out of the whole year I was living here. Its safe for fiberglass right?

On my '75, I didnt have to mess with the exhaust at all. Just dropped the tank a few inches, and removed the nuts holding them to the rear deck. The driver side one just dropped pretty much straight down, but I had to squeeze the passenger side one out beside the fuel neck filler hose.

I had to drop the tank down to remove the right side shock. And also there was rust below the hole it stuck out of and so I cut that out and was able to lower it down with some work. As for the holes Id just weld in a piece from the inside and bondo over it. My rear end is pretty rusty and cut up so Im considering to just try and replace the hole rear panel so its all smooth.

My car is completely 100$ rush free I looked at all the frame rails and stuff their smooth but smooth but yea they have truck liner thing on them. They look brand new. I check the engine bay for most common rust spots. Took off the carpet a bit and no rust at all!

You are quite lucky. I bought my car when I was 11 with my dad and we both had no idea what we were getting into. When I first got the car Id stick my hand down in the rocker panel cause I thought it was cool that I could do it.

On the bumper struts, Is it legal to remove the bumpers and drive it in Cal. or is this your autoX car?

Uhm I don't know if its legal... hope it is, its california so probably not. Its going to be my new canyon running car, the other has too many electrical problems so I'm going to send it to somebody that specializes in electric matters. I took pictures of what I'm going to fill the holes in the rear. It only rained one day this whole year so its safe to put water proof fiber glass, though i hear that part of the car shakes a lot.

DSC01872.jpg

Yes I still go to middle for those who may wonder what those text books are doing there.

Oh, and by the way 280zx_sliding it was where you told me. After I took the third one out It just simply fell down but when I couldn't find a way to simply slide it out... The hole is too small for the support to slide out. After that wouldn't work I tried to to saw it a little bit but I messed up 3 saws. :( Anybody know a different to slide it out? I don't have an electric saw to chop it so I'm stuck here.

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

Three saw later after I kept trying I only got this far on the metal.

DSC01877.jpg

I've also read a post around here somewhere and to cover up that its good to use J.B. Weld?

DSC01881.jpg

I added this for no reason at all... I like my car!

DSC01879.jpg