HybridZ

Sectioned struts with VW inserts. (PICS)

Well these are about as short i think you can go. I'm sure there are others out there but this should get my ride hieght were i need it and also have some travel in the suspension.

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

The stock struts you see are fully charged. the coilovers are just hand tight so they will compress somewhat. Any comments/opinion/suggestions before i get the strut housings welded up???

OBTW here are the struts I got for my MOCC up. They were Cofap OEM Scirocco strut insert

Part number 30017

Fully extended 20 inches

Body length 12.5

The konis that I had installed were 21.5 fully extended and the body was 15 inches.

I dont know what car they came out of but the part number is listed above. im running a solid rear axles so no on the rear.

The struts have been section twice so not sure how much total out of a stock Z strut but its close to 3 inches.

I will get some pics of the car hopefully in the next few days and post them up. Its sitting pretty low now and i still have 4 inches or so of travel. I will have to install a bump stop. Overall really have with its stance and should perform really well at the track once i get the revalved inserts i need.

Well I joined a VW forum trying to find out more info on what year and make these struts came from....

Seems all rabbit/scirroco MK1 are all the same suspension wise so basically I got that these struts came from any year scirrocco

BTW if some of you didn’t catch it.... the spindles I sectioned into my struts are z31. These spindles accommodate z32 calipers by just bolting them on. You will need to be able to adjust caster as the caster is different on the z31 vs. the s30 chassis. I was able to tune it out to stock specs with AZC front control arms.

Somewhere in this forum there is a writeup on how i did it 4+ years ago.