HybridZ

Update Sanderson(JTR) Header and JCI Mount

Another angle of this clearance issue could be that my 30 year old car could be off ? Cutting, grinding and welding in the corner of the JCI Driver mount took 30 minutes at best, getting the engine in and out was hell !!!! I was looking at the spark plug wire angles as well, I am going to take look at the heat resistant looms and/or header wrap were the spark plug wires touches. These are the Taylor wires, as a back up I will pull out the stock wires see how the angles are. Also, I am using a the Lokar LS1 dip stick, so the passenger side of the motor slid right into the mount with no clearance issues. I spoke to John at Speartech and I should have my computer and harness by Friday !!! I feel some all nighters coming.

Another angle of this clearance issue could be that my 30 year old car could be off ? Cutting, grinding and welding in the corner of the JCI Driver mount took 30 minutes at best, getting the engine in and out was hell !!!! I was looking at the spark plug wire angles as well, I am going to take look at the heat resistant looms and/or header wrap were the spark plug wires touches. These are the Taylor wires, as a back up I will pull out the stock wires see how the angles are. Also, I am using a the Lokar LS1 dip stick, so the passenger side of the motor slid right into the mount with no clearance issues. I spoke to John at Speartech and I should have my computer and harness by Friday !!! I feel some all nighters coming.

Great news about the harness..........I got mine last friday!

• 5 months later...

JTR headers is the best way to go. The headers are not the issue, it is so tight on the drivers side of the engine bay, a 1/4 to 3/4 of inch makes a different near the driverside JCI mounts. I had to keep in mind that there have been LS1/LS2 swaps into 240, 260 and 280s' some with 4L60E (like mines) and others with T56 and there can be some dimension differences, although most swaps were done with the JCI kit and utilizing the JTR headers.

The way my schedule is right now (kids football !!!) I have not had time to get in the garage and work on my car, so don't think your behind at all -I am reading your progress until I get back in the garage.

Glenn A.