HybridZ

toyota grand prix pics, 56k campatible..

hoov100

interesting that they still allow slicks in champ car racing.

unlike the F1 circuit that now only carries one brand of tire and are required to use both hard and soft compound rubber. (i really wish they still had atleast two tire manufacturers to keep competition in designs and such up).

But it does make it a little bit mroe interesting to watch...

• Administrators

NICE pics. Love the cars. Great contrast and sharpness. Do you post process?

The D70 is an excellent camera. I purchased my D70-s new and have since shot over 10,000 pics with it. Easy to use, pics are always clear and vibrant. The camera never misses a beat.

Thanks for sharing.

those are Champ cars!!

not Formula One cars FYI

awsome pics though!

long beach grand prix has had usac, f1 and indy running over the course of lbgp history. the usac/champ cars were introduced to lbgp because the orgamnisers of lbgp didnot want to pay for the f1 cars transpo and per diem any more.....so they got a suchadeal onastreet race.....and brought in indy/champ/usac.........lots of politics in there and stir---new improved lbgp----which i think is not as fun as was the original lbgp.yes, i know the difference, having done course work during their various races at riverside raceway, long beach, all the f1 races in this country except dallas until 1988...and laguna seca and sfr scca/imsa/etc....gawd, that was fun......:coollook:..DAMMIT,HOOV---WHY DIDNT CHA TELL ME YOU WERE GOING?????????????IDA GIVEN YA A LIST.....you know---who to do, where to see, what to eat....yada yada yada.....you rock, dude!!!!!!!!.....

I'm disappointed with the Champ Car series now. The rules mandate all the cars are identical except for the engines and paint, just like the (dare I say it) NASCAR Car-Of-Tomorrow.

I think the sport loses a lot when these types of rules are put in place, kills all the inovation of the builders and makes it a driver/pit crew event rather than a full team event.

I'm not a huge fan of F1 either, strictly because of the money required to play, but at least the cars aren't all the same and there is some serious builder rivalry involved along with the driver controversies. The racing is actually pretty boring most of the time as it seems one car will dominate an entire race and the back markers (where the racing is happening) are ignored by the commentators.

I find the ALMS racing much more interesting.

Wheelman

• Administrators
post process??? what is this photography lingo??

these pics are strait from the camera, no editing.....

(im an ameateur give me a break)

Post processing is any thing done to doctor or alter the picture after it was taken, i.e. using photo-shop to eliminate red eye, adjust brightness, contrast, color balance, etc.

I’m just a novice photographer as well with a Nikon D70s and also just recently learned the term post processing this last year.

Very nice pics.