HybridZ

Ceremic Coating in an Oil Additive

Kevin Shasteen

I didnt get a response in the Micsellaneous forum; a few viewed it but no response.

Are there any resident Hybridz experts on additives?

It sounds pretty good as their website advertisement says it will reduce emissions and harmonic distortions - their website is:

http://www.CermaTechnology.com

Someone gave me their pamphlet and asked for my oppinion. I would not consider myself an oil additive expert so I'm passing the request for oppinions on Hybridz members.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Looks a bit like bull to me. There's not hard proof of anything there. The vehicles tested were tested in california, yet the company is in Iowa (or at least their PO Box is). I see no patent information, no real explanation of how it works. With a product like this I would have expected some kind of molecular level explanation of how the ceramic bonds to the metal. It's not just going to do it on it's own, there should be some sort of catalyst to create the particlate attraction. Where are the un-bias test results from what company? I don't trust it. Nice site and aside from some gramatical errors through out it's almost convincing. However I see no hard proof that this stuff even exists.

Not enough info to make a judgement on this additive however, in their literature they mention that the coating will typically result in a .002" build-up. Hmmmmmmmm....lets see, if this is true then this would reduce the cylinder bore by .004" !!!!? Think about that!

.004" is what they suggest will help compression and rnig seal. I still don't see this being of any help to an engine. What does it do to the oil pump? Oil jets? Bearings? That .004" build up will accumulate over everythging and could actually bring about some serious issues with clearances on vitals parts of the engine. I don't think this is a well thought additive. To top things off I don't think it's real.