HybridZ

bought another car to play around with

mobythevan

Some of you guys might remember that I went to look at an alltrac last summer for really cheap, but it was sold already. This one came up on craigslist and no one bought it for over a week, so I picked it up. The engine is knocking, but runs. I drove it up on the trailer and the knock doesn't sound too bad yet, but will defenitely need to be fixed ASAP. It is 100% stock, 182K miles, but just had engine rebuilt (uh huh) and turbo rebuilt, new clutch. We'll see if that is true, the guy was middle aged and seemed really nice so maybe it is. For $800 I had to pick it up for another daily driver at the least.

celica.jpg

nice buy, i've got one of them sitting at home, well a jap import gt4, had it on the road a couple of months and it started having electrical problems...my advice is dont roll start it in reverse! have you by any chance come across a manual in them for english on the net? we couldn't drop the gearbox out as coudln't find the remaining bolts :( so gave up and havn't had a chance to look at it since...prob 2 yrs now lol

I was surprised it sat on craigslist and apparently no one went to look at it because the guy was easy to talk down. His add stated that it needed "significant engine work", but that shouldn't discourage any tuners. Maybe they thought it was modified and fried out by teenagers or something?? I am hoping to put it on the road in stock form as my new daily and then crank up the Talon to ~400hp with new cams, clutch and 25psi boost. But I am so busy for the next 3 months that I don't know which end is up.