HybridZ

Best place to live north of Atlanta, GA?

DavyZ

I live just outside the city of Marietta on the NE side. Someone in my neighborhood used to work in Roswell, and the commute was about 30 mins in the morning and up to an hour in the evening.

Ouch. Well, if I move, at least the traffic is the same...

Davy

Davy,

I love Georgia, came here for school, cost of living and housing prices. I left San Diego, CA in 1988. Also, I just help my parents re-locate here to Hiram last summer and they love it as well. I am coming out Saturday ( wish I could drive the Z !!!!)I can give you all the Pros and very few cons for moving to Georgia from a former California resident !!!!

Davy,

I love Georgia, came here for school, cost of living and housing prices. I left San Diego, CA in 1988. Also, I just help my parents re-locate here to Hiram last summer and they love it as well. I am coming out Saturday ( wish I could drive the Z !!!!)I can give you all the Pros and very few cons for moving to Georgia from a former California resident !!!!

Beautiful! I am seriously considering it, right now. I think my kids are smart enough to get B's or better in high school and then they can take advantage of the State $cholar$hip money :2thumbs:

Moving here would give me a chance at freeing up a bunch of equity, buying a house with some elbow room and being able to retire my in-laws easily at my expense (ok by me) by providing a place for them to live at no charge to them.

I've had some reservations about "the south" and racial tolerance, but everything looks ok here so far (wifey isn't white like me) and the people have been fabulous. I'm finding this place increadibly wholesome and clean (note that I have not ventured into Atlanta yet, but only north of it).

The only thing now is the compensation issue, and that's major unfortunately. I have a sneaking suspicion they'll hit me up for a pay cut to move me here, just to justify the "lower cost of living," which is apparently limited to only real estate as far as I can tell :mad: I'll be negotiating with them for sure and praying a lot, hoping the outcome is equitable. We'll see.

It'll be great meeting all you guys.

Davy

Davy,

My wife is from Boston, (Cape Cod to be exact)her family is from the Cape Verde islands and speak fluent Portugese (spelling?). My folks were born in the south and left partly because of the social ills, but left the south more for opportunity. For me it is ironic, I came to the South (Georgia) for school and opportunities and it has worked out. I have no plans for leaving !!!!!