HybridZ

Holset hx30w/ Holset hx50.

ok guys, ive got a brand new hx30w sitting here next to me, And up one trademe there is 2 holset hx50's

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=96336380

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=96484642

I can sell my new hx30 if need be to get a hx50 for my L28 build. I need some opinions on whats going to be best.

Im aiming to start at 250rwkw ( in a 1150kg chassie its alot of power) Maybe smuding to 300rwkw. The hx30w is rated to around 480hp at 19psi at 79% effiecny according to the compressor maps. But someplaces ive heard of people being disapointed with them. SO if anyone here has/or is using a hx30 chime up with results or dyno plots.!!

I gather a hx50 is completly to big, and id be running it below its efficeny to start with, Is it a better investment in the long run to go this way ?

Thanks

Guest 280ZForce

I don't believe any of us are using an hx30, maybe a little small for your power goals and imho the hx50 is way too big unless you are going for huge hp and a high redline. I dont think boost would come on till maybe around 4k+ rpm w/ the hx50, but i'm guessing here.

A lot of us are running holsets in between yours with great success, the hy35w, hy35, hx35w, hx40 have good power bands. You might wanna check into one of those.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 280ZForce
HX holsets are what you want, HY's compressors are small

they make a couple differ sizes... I do believe a 9cm and 12cm wheel.

stagefumer... I'd check around ebay, usually some on there.