HybridZ

GM CLT sensor not right

Z_Dust

I got the GM CLT sensor for my MS-II, its sinstalled in the thermostat housing, below the thermostat. The thing is it reads 17*F when the engine is cold and its a sunny 78* day. It will increase as the engine warms up but always has about a 60* difference. At the same time the AIT sensor reads pretty much the same as ambient temp. How do I calibrate it. I think this is whats causing the WUE to stay on all the time.

For MS-II, you calibrate the sensor in MegaTune. Go to Tools -> Calibrate Thermistor Tables. You'll find the default settings for a GM sensor on the MegaManual sensors page if you scroll down a little ways. It's possible that your sensor may have an unusually low resistance - you can check it manually if the default settings don't fix it.

I just checked the settings under the tool menu and yes they are off by a lot on eithr Celsius or Farenheit

The sensor is grounded to the relay board. I really dont think its the bias resistor since it was purchased assembled from DIYautotune but I will check it if the settings correction doesnt fix it.

Thanks

PS

I should have known the answer was in the MegaManual. GUILTY!!!

Problem fixed. Calibrated the thermistor tables as sugested by Matt and all is good now. It reads just a couple deegrees lower when compared to ambient temp but thats normal on an overnight cold engine.

Guys, thanks again. Getting closer every day.

If only every fix was this easy.