HybridZ

Anyone know this body kit?

Hey guys I'm new, just wondering if anyone could tell me what this kit is called? I bought the car a month ago and would like to know as much about it as possible, it has gills on the front side guards, flared and smoothed rear quarters with vents just behind the doors and a roundish nose with only two sections either side of the front number plate cut out for cooling, sorry about the photo will get better ones tomorow. Thanks for any info you can give me. Nick

240Z_thumb.JPG

Thanks for all your help guys, will update and ask more questions when the RB30 is getting put in, this site has heaps of info, theres so much knowledge between all you guys since you've done it all before.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but has anyone ever heard of somone transplanting a 3.5ltr rover V8 into a 240? I think it would be a really nice conversion, they rev really hard and are an alloy block, EFI and cheap as well, ever been done? Thanls again. Nick

Very nice... never seen the JCR kit mix-and-matched before. The rears are the California pieces, no idea what the front is other than its an obvious G-nose take-off. Honestly, looks better than the complete JCR kit I used to have, even tho at the time I was pretty partial to the whale-tail. The JCR kit required the use of square headlights, which never sat too well with me, and this version is much smoother, not so bulky up front. Nice find!

Thanks Tannji, yeh we have the whale tail for the car aswell but don't like it so it's on ebay for $100, although I've heard they help with reducing the famous exhaust smell due to pushing the air upwards instead of it just mixing behind the car. We plan on having twin pipes facing downwards out the back, don't know if this will help at all but it'll look nice. Do you think it will run a bit warm due to lack of air into the radiator because of that G-nose? Think I might have to make some fibreglass ducts to direct the air straight onto the radiator and not be wasted hitting stuff that doesn't need to be cooled.