HybridZ

Still getting resets and spikes

kvansic162

Thanks to Z-ya and his injector scope , the car is running much better. I still get resets once in a while and when it happens you can feel it. I'm going to check the circuit boards for cracks ( as posted by Z-ya)

l003S25A.jpegI put this noise filter on the main power line. Every one said it was over kill, yet I get a reset once in a while. Could I be getting noise off the ignition turn on wire. Does that one need to be filtered also? I have the 3.0 board which from what I've been told has the "Dave Cap." I also pull my tach signal from the Hi-6 ignition box, not the coil. I put Magnecor wires on the car. Could the stock dizzy cause this problem? I bought my MS from DIY, I did not assemble it.

Thanks to Z-ya and his injector scope , the car is running much better. I still get resets once in a while and when it happens you can feel it. I'm going to check the circuit boards for cracks ( as posted by Z-ya)

l003S25A.jpegI put this noise filter on the main power line. Every one said it was over kill, yet I get a reset once in a while. Could I be getting noise off the ignition turn on wire. Does that one need to be filtered also? I have the 3.0 board which from what I've been told has the "Dave Cap." I also pull my tach signal from the Hi-6 ignition box, not the coil. I put Magnecor wires on the car. Could the stock dizzy cause this problem? I bought my MS from DIY, I did not assemble it.

If you are taking your tach signal from the Crane tach output, you don't want the "Dave" cap. This may be causing some of your issues. Best to remove it. The Crane box should put out a nice +12V square wave, which should not need any filtering (that is what the Dave cap does).

The stock distributor should work fine.

Resets are usually caused by noise on the power or ground going to the MS. If you don't have a good solid ground connection from the MS to the battery, the ground can bounce, which can cause resets. How many ground wires are in you harness?

I have a 4 gauge ground wire from the battery going to a soild distribution block, which is also grounded to the car body. I use the block to ground the MS relay block and the wide band LC-1. Should I ground the relay block straight to the battery?