HybridZ

pics of some progress

bryan01

since i took these pics i have installed the fuel rail/injectors and all the vac lines are connected. i'm just waiting for some injector clips so that i can make a harness to connect to my megasquirt before i can install that. and i know there's a spot or 2 of rust up near the front ... remember it's a work in progress.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/bryan01/

Picture%20083.jpg

Picture%20084.jpg

Picture%20085.jpg

Picture%20088.jpg

Picture%20090.jpg

Picture%20091.jpg

Picture%20092.jpg

also the fmic is now mounted, as well as the throttle cable. i'll post pics of that later. and if anyone wants to see pics of the bike, click the link above ... i just washed her :) ...

current engine mods:

rb25 s1

xo2 "greddy" intake plenum

racetronix 65# low-z delphi injectors

jgy fuel rail

q45 90mm tb

3" alum piping

xspower fmic (24x12x4)

xspower "tial" bov

and i've got a working ms1 w/ flyback for the fuel. i'm still playing w/ it on my stim board inside until i get the harness and can connect the injectors.

i do have one question thou ... when installing the injectors, they're not exactly shaped as the stock ones, and didnt fit into the plenum as well as i thought. the plenum is drilled with different diameters holes per injector, getting progressively smaller from the outside. i thought the injector orings were going to "pop" in to the last hole like they did into the fuel rail, but they can't. i could not push them in so i ended up just bolting up the rail and tightening it down. with getting the "cheaper" fuel rail and manifold i was just happy they all lightned up. right now the injector's oring's are really tight to the last hole, tight enough that they'll hold themselves up w/o the rail, but they're not "in" the last hole. the last hole wasnt very deep either, so if i had pushed the injectors into it the oring would actually be sitting on the inside of the hole, not inside the hole's shaft like they do on the fuelrail side. (if that makes any sence) anyways, they're in there pretty tight and i'm going to try it out. if it spits fuel out then it obviously cant hold the pressure and i'll have to remove the intake plenum and drill out the holes ever so slightly so that the injectors will fall in.

any ideas?

thanks, it's taken a LONG time to do this conversion. i work a lot and havent had the time i needed. and all the body mods that had to be done before i could even think about putting the engine in. i'll be trying to get it idling w/ the megasquirt over the next few days and i'll post when i figure something out.

haha ... a challenge has been made! ... come on out. i'll be riding on saturday and sunday, me and a 12r ... and you're going to have to give me a ride with your new setup ... give me a call this weekend

saturday you should go to atlanta motor speedway for drift atlanta it's from 10-10, everybody's going...."everybody's doin it" peer pressure lol

ur intake manifold looks pretty sexy, and i really like those bov's design, like 2 out of 6 of the ports those have are bigger than the solo port on like a type s or my blitz for that matter. if you turn into the megasquirt guru, i'll buy one too :D