HybridZ

Hey folks,

Just signed on, and I'm really excited. While up in Wyoming visiting the inlaws, I ran across a Z car with a "free to tow" window sticker. I believe it's a 1973 260, but I'm honestly not sure. The guy was really old, and his son owned it and had died. He new next to nothing about it other than he wanted it off his property. Sold.

The car is in pretty good shape. Two of the panels had some cancer. The old man tells me that there is some odds and ends around the back of the garage...they had to go as part of the deal. Sure. .........Sweet! Replacement panels for the bad ones!! The kid must have been in the process of restoring it. The transmission was in the hatch, and the engine was being suspended/supported by a 4X4 across the engine compartment.

So then I go on craigslist and find a 1992 Buick Road master for sale with 120K miles on it.

Perfect running condition...5.7L LT1. (Not the "baby" LT1!! :trippen:) $950! I call the guy, and he's so desparate for cash, that after only a few minutes of conversation about the car, he tells me he'll do for $700. Went and looked at the car, and after about a half hour of inspection, drove it home.

Next is to pull the engine, rip it apart, inspect everything, get it honed out, balanced, and put new LOW compression pistons in it. STS turbo time.... When all is said and done, I should be easily looking at 500Whp. The irony is that all the investigating I've done, tells me that the engine is rated at 25mpg in that big ol' boat car. So I figure weighing a coupe thousand pounds less, that after the mods, I should be getting about the same. LOL!

Sad thing was that I had to leave the Z car up in Wyoming (I'm in Colorado), as I didn't have the means to drag it home. So Memorial weekend we're going BACK to visit WITH the flatbed, and bring home the car.

This is a great site! I've only been on here for a short time and I've already found a link to motor mounts, seats, and lighting!

I can't wait to get the body work and paint done, and get this thing on the ground rollin! I just have to figure out how I want to paint it.

I just knocked out this mustang for a friend.... Pictures don't do it any justice, it turned out SIIIICK!

DSC06103.jpg