HybridZ

Engine combo advice/opinions

Well, i'm about to purchase the final parts to button up my small block so I thought I would take advantage of the wealth of knowledge on this site to catch any mistakes before it's too late. Heres the combo

.030 over 350

GM steel crank

Eagle H-beam rods

KB hypereutectic pistons (flat top)

Speed Pro file fit rings

Crane hyd. roller part#119831 (.509/.528 lift 222/230@.050)

Edelbrock E-Tec 200 vortec style heads

Edelbrok performer RPM Air-Gap

750 Holley type carb

Those are the highlights. I can't decide on the rocker ratio yet. This will be going into my 76 Z. The short block is done and cam installed. I will order the top end this week so I just wanted some reassurence that the combo is ok. I'm shooting for 400 HP, Dyno 2000 says i'm there but I think you guys know more than a sim program.

Any comments or sugestions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Jason

"64cc chambers produce 10.2:1 compression with flat-top pistons in 350-inch engines "

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/heads/chevrolet_sb_rpm.shtml

I don,t know which transmission or,stall speed or rear gear ratio youll be useing but that cam MIGHT BE slightly MILDER than ideal.(can,t judge untill I know the rest of the info)

The car will be a driver with an occasional trip down the 1/4 mile (might try a open track day also). It has a stock R-200 with 3.54 gear. Tire size will be 225-50-16. Eventually it will have a G-force T5 but I will start with a used Camaro T5 to get it on the road.(still looking for a trans if any one has one they are willing to part with!!!) The G-force gear ratios are:

As far as the C/R goes, that's about what I was shooting for. I think it will be livable on the street. This engine will never see boost or nitrous so i'm not worried about the piston choice. I know the vortec heads have a weak exhaust port but the flow #'s posted on Car Craft's website seem to indicate that Edelbrock has addressed that issue. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Any other questions or comments are always welcome.

Jason

your choice will depend on which goal is more important to YOU, if it was MY car Id think about installing this cam

http://www.cranecams.com/?show=browseParts&action=partSpec&partNumber=119661&lvl=2&prt=5

its a good power cam, (Im running it in my vette)

the cam you sellected will be better for a daily driver but it will leave a good deal of power on the table