HybridZ

Where go get a 280ZX rear bumper?

bschiltz

I was going to put the bumpers back on my car yesterday, but I noticed just how bad my rear bumper is. I tipped it on it's side and this fell out...

DSCF1160.jpg

Three of the four studs are missing on the drivers' side

DSCF1159.jpg

...and there are several holes in the core.

DSCF1158-1.jpg

Soooo, I need to find a new bumper. Is this http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SBUC02B01/32-2012

the same for 79-81ZX's? Would it be cheaper to go to a JY? Honestly I don't know how many Z's are in the junk yards arround here. Anyone have one they want to sell?

Man if that thick ass bumper looks like that what does the rest of the car look like as far as rust is concerned? That's so pretty serious cancer on that bumper.

If I were you I would find one at a junkyard. You can see that piece anyways so it doesnt have to be perfect/new. Probably only cost you $10 at a JY....

Guy

I think the bumper was replaced at one time, because nowhere else on the car has that bad of rust. The front bumper is almost perfect and there's only two small-ish holes in the floor boards and the passenger side dog leg is rotted out.