HybridZ

i have finally decided

Guest muffinsarejolly

Guest muffinsarejolly

alright i have decided to go with an lt1 that came out of a caprice/ impala SS. and mating it with a t56 transmission. i have bought the jtr conversion has a lot of great information. i see the t56 mount in the book. does anybody have any different ideas on the way to do that mount? and also will i just use the regular 350 mounts for the lt1? i'm kinda disappointed b/c the heads arent aluminum they are cast iron, but they will do the job for right now.

You'll get this answer from someone else anyway so I'll give it to right now.

Use the search function, it will save you tons of time asking questions that have been answered already and you can learn from the mistakes the rest of us have made.

Yes the JTR kit works perfectly with an LT1 using the standard SBC (read 350) mounts.

Can't help with the T56 mount as I used a T5. You might consider a T5, they weigh less and can be built just as strong as a T56.

Don't be disappointed with the iron heads, they flow about 20% more than the aluminum ones. I have a Caprice LT1 in my 240. I've installed an LT4 hot cam, high rev springs, eliminated emissions, AC and power steering, used a 16lb flywheel and did a custom tune. It put down 274 rwhp @ 5800rpm and 307 ft/lbs torque @ 3800 rpm on a chassis dyno a couple weeks ago. That much power in a light car makes for a very fun ride, you won't notice the extra 50lbs on the engine from the iron heads.

My 240 weighs 2540 lbs with 52f/48r distribution.

Wheelman

search under me...im the idiot thats asks the most questions, im sure i have a thread covering 80% of what you need to know. i even have tranny mount pictures...some say the jtr mount will work, some say no for the tranny...what years the z? tunnel is defferent from 240 to 280s...