HybridZ

Grease seals for 300zx 5 lug front hub

Among the 19 results, pretty consistent advice:

Ross C says "use 240Z bearings and 300ZX seal"

Doug71zt wrote in 2002:

I'm using early 300zxt front hubs on my 240 with 01 maxima 17" wheels. No problem fitting the hubs - stock wheel brgs and seals. The 240 spindle has a slightly larger dia. where the seal runs but it works - just have to be gentle putting the hub on.

dmanzo57 wrote in 2004:

I just did this swap and I also found the 300ZX seals to be a little tight on the 240Z spindles.

I just figured they would "break in" after some miles. I plan to check them after about 500 miles.

V8Z cautions in 2004:

After pondering the seal for a while I notice the spring in the seal was on the OUTSIDE of the hub and all the seals I have ever installed had the tension spring in the INSIDE of the seal. So I flip the seal over and it doesn't drive in the hub like I expected but it fits the spindle much better. I tighten everything up and it works great! So long story short, I had the seal in backwards!! If you install the seal backwards you can actually tap it into place and it will seat itself but will not fit up on the spindle at all., as for if you install it in the right direction it kinda just sits there on the hub somewhat loosely, but slides right up on the spindle.