HybridZ

JTR Radiator Mounts question...

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Does anyone know how thick of a radiator you can fit in the JTR radiator mounts?

Brackets-bushings0198.jpg

I know the radiator they use for their mounts is 1 3/8" thick, but the pics seem to be able to house something a lil thicker if necessary.

I would call and ask them but they are not open on the weekends and I'd like to figure this out before the weekend ends so I can have it ordered and hopefully have it all asap, meaning hopefully by end of this coming week.

I'm thinking about ordering the mounts for a Griffin aluminum radiator that is 2.25" thick, 24" wide and 19" tall and fitting it into the JTR mounts, but want to make sure I'm not wasting my time if it won't fit in the mounts.

I'm pretty sure it'll fit in there, but just wanted to make sure.

Here's the radiator I'm considering...

Griffin Radiator...

Thanks in advance - Justin

I just measued mine. Inside is 2 3/4". One thing you should be aware of is the new JTR radiator mount in made from aluminum and is pretty flimsy. Using the 2 Datsun mounting hole allows a lot of movement of the whole thing front to back. I was afraid vibration would eventualy cause stress cracks in the mount. I added these 2 brackets, now its rock solid.

radiator-brackets.jpg

My mistake i should hae read the thread a bit better . I fit a 2 row aluminum radiator in mine the side tanks are 3 inches thick . The core is 2 1/2 inches thick . The only mods i had to do are simple .

On the bottom mount i had to trim some of the lip off of the mount about 3 inches inward form each side to allow for the tank to clear without rubbing anything. Then i took a bicycle tire inner tube cut it into a strip for the bottom of the radiator to rest on .

I did have to put spacers between the frame and the lower rad mount to lower the radiator as it was a bit tall but it fit just fine .

Once again sorry for the other post i read the thread to fast and had my mind on other stuff .

Jason

Guest 280ZForce
I just measued mine. Inside is 2 3/4". One thing you should be aware of is the new JTR radiator mount in made from aluminum and is pretty flimsy. Using the 2 Datsun mounting hole allows a lot of movement of the whole thing front to back. I was afraid vibration would eventualy cause stress cracks in the mount. I added these 2 brackets, now its rock solid.

radiator-brackets.jpg

thanx deja! just what I needed to know.

Now I'm just hoping if I order them on monday, how fast they can get them to me. :-|

280Zforce: Like gret/jas said I had to trim a slot into the bottom one on each side where the end tanks are. My rad is a fluidyne 24 x 19 Didn't use the top mount only the bottom. It comes with chevy style rad rubber mount thingies. If the same thing is made of aluminum now though notching it like that could weaken it. (I still want one, the steel one is kinda heavy) They had them in stock and UPSed it right out, I think I had it in 3-4 days