HybridZ

srt 4 neon exhaust question

Guest srt4lubbtx

Guest srt4lubbtx

i just removed my stock exhaust leaving only the downpipe. is this bad for the car? what are the pros and cons. please let me know. thanx

Your exhaust is going to be louder no doubt, but other than that, you'll pick up a few extra ponies from the reduced back pressure. However I have heard the SRT-4 ecu is aggressive at pulling boost and/or timing if it detects a noticeable change in back pressure since the boost can spike a bit higher, so it might be best to ask guys specific to your vehicle.

There's lots of SRT4 owners running with a straight dump like you have yours set up. Are you running stage 1? If you are the Stage one PCM doesn't take readings from the o2 sensor on the downpipe it just needs to be plugged in. Check out SRTsyndicate.com I'm JuanDirtyMessican on those forums.

Car is definitly going to feel better since there's less back pressure, However, get a 3" downpipe and you'll feel a bigger difference in power. OR you can get a 3" downpipe that mates to the stock exhaust system or a 3" downpipe with a manual or electric cut out. With the electric cut out you can close the cut out crusing to keep the police off your back and then when you go to the "strip" you flip a switch and the cut out opens.

Check out SRTsyndicate or even SRTforums.com for some info. Best advice I can give you is use the SEARCH button and just READ...

Good luck. Oh and BTW I have an 05 ACR.