HybridZ

Should I buy it?

Guest Lunchpail

Guest Lunchpail

New guy here. I have a guy that works for me who tells me he has a '79 280zx with a 350 conversion and he needs to get it out of his yard for $500. The guy has worked for me for a year and I know him to be an honest person, maybe not the brightest. So I go out to his house this weekend and there sits a '77 or '78 280z with an Oldsmobile 350 (he never told me it was a chevy, I just assumed it was). He hasnt started it in over a year. After checking the fluids and replacing the battery it fires up for a few minutes then dies (looks like the fuel pump went out). The body is in great shape and the interior is flawless. You might need more details, but what do you think? More trouble than its worth? Or does this seem like a good deal?

If it is something your interested in then it is a good deal .. When i got mine it was a half done project ... motor was in with tranny and the wires were hooked up so it would start .. no radiator . linkage or driveshaft ... and a junk motor from the junk yard.... $12000 later it still isn't painted

Guest Lunchpail

Thanks for the replies. I figured for $500 I can't come out too bad. I do wish it had a SBC instead of Olds though. How different would the set up be if I decided to swap?