HybridZ

Transmissions and computers

Alright Jason and all you guys out there that bolted turbo's on your n/a 300zx's, I got 1 for you. Are you guys still running the N/a computer or did you swap that out for the turbo computer? The reason I ask is because I want the wiring for my transmission so that I can have first gear. I gutted a 300zx that had a manual transmission, so my wiring harness doesnt have the automatic tranny computer or the harness for it. If i dont need a turbo computer, I can pull what i need from an N/a 300zx. Can any of you guys tell me if i need the entire harness from the N/a or if i can just pull the engine computer,the tranny computer, and the harness for the transmission? HELP.

93 nissan hardbody (Barney) running 13.5 at 105mph no bottle,18psi of toyota supra intercooled boost on a stock t3 ,stock internals, and an automatic transmission from a 91 infinity j30, without first gear, on 17 inch rims and 40 series ZR tires, with a hardbody rear and a hardbody fuel pump! SEE IT HERE! http://www.box.net/shared/1k0c71cjyb Check out my page here!

http://home.comcast.net/~savage1023/

2358115_13_full.jpg

The ECU works with the O2 sensor and fuel injectors. Most of the other sensors are completely interchangable from NA to turbo. Most NA to turbo swaps will use their original NA wiring harness, but it is very simple to swap if you want. The actual engine harness only goes into the cab of the car about a foot or so directly to the ECU. If you want to retain the automatic transmission, you'll need to use an automatic ECU as well. You can continue using the NA harness, but you'll lack the option to hook up a couple sensors (knock sensor and maybe one or two more).

Your situation is a bit more complex since you aren't running a Z31 transmission. Not sure how the ECU and automatic interface in your case.

• 2 weeks later...

Your situation is a bit more complex since you aren't running a Z31 transmission. Not sure how the ECU and automatic interface in your case.

X2 the Z31 and Z32 use diffrent Auto tranys dont they? I know the ECU's are TOTALY Although there is only 1 wire from the Z32 VG30DE-TT ECU that runs to the A/T module.

It is Pin# 22 on the Z32 ECU and it goes to pin# 23 on the AT module.

I wonder if you can throw a toggle switch on to pin#23 on the A/T module to manualy shif onto 1st gear??? I don't know what kind of signal the Module wants to see.