HybridZ

What power/ torque needed to get into 9s in a 240?

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

Go here enter a few numbers and it will tell ya what ya need to know roughly . Not sure how acurate it is but it says if ya have a 3,000 pound vehicle and want to run 14 sec flat ya need 216 horses to the tires .

Doesnt say anything about torque though . Heck that means i should run a 12.8 in the 1/4 mile if this is measuring 1/4 mile stats . Give or take for traction and such .

9.80 thats quick says ya ned 630 to the tires

Jason

9.80 thats quick says ya ned 630 to the tires

Jason

If by street legal radial tires you mean just normal street tires, then add another 50hp to that number. You will have no traction or will have to creep off the line, the 60' will be slow and you will need more HP to try and make up for that. If you mean street legal drag radial (and it needs to be a healthy size like a 255 or 275) then you will fare a little better.

When you are trying to go that quick, the 60' time is all important.

I made this based off of some available equations. Obviously there are alot of other variables, but I thought this was a good base.

It is in 97-2003 Excel.

Using a 2350lb car with 467.5hp at the wheels a 9.98 should be possible according to this calculator. Thats about 550hp at the crank for a manual, 585 ish for auto. It is just an approximation, I don't know how accurate it is. It is really hard to say since some dynos record high or low, suspension, power curve, and driver etc. It becomes much too hairy for something like this to calculate.

Perf calc.zip

True there are to many thing to consider in 1/4 mile times . I even have a hand held slide calculator for this i got from a local speed shop . Its about 1/2 slower when reading 1/4 mile times compared to my online one i found .

The truth will be told when i take my supercharged 383 78 280z to the track this season of course im going to dyno my z before i go to the track just to compare numbers .

Jason