HybridZ

Newbie ready to go

First I would like to thank you all for the plethora of info this site kicks a##. I have been reading and watching for months and now i am ready. bought a Z from arizona w/hardly any rust even the battery tray area is intact. pass. side frame rail is in rough shape but all floor pans and complete underside is intact. Because i am on a budget Bought a '04 5.3L and a 4L60e trans. I have a '03 corvette intake, cam, injectors, and heads. This car will hopefully be a daily driver and i am considering rigging up an old Vortec supercharger i have in the garage. yerterday i removed the old eng and tranny. I have been searching but i still have a few questions.

According to The JTR manual the fuel and brake lines have to be moved, is that still correct for LS engines? If so do i need the vapor line or can i get rid of it.

Which fuel pump should i use?

dlouis,

Let me be the first to welcome you and to encourage you to make the Search function your friend. As soon as you've got the slightest hint of a question beginning in your head, do a couple searches and you're going to be amazed at how many times your question has been addressed. It can be something of a learning process to determine what search terms to use but start out with the obvious and see what you get. The Advanced search function is especially useful.

I did an advanced search on LS1 Fuel Tank, restricting my search to the Technical forums by clicking and highlighting Technical in the forums list, I got pages of hits, including this one:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101232&highlight=ls1+fuel+tank

...which I know from experience has a wealth of knowledge about a particular solution which happens to be the way I'm going on my street rod project: use a tank with pump from an LS1 Camaro. Turns out it fits with the removal of the spare tire well, at least for some models of the Nissan-Z.

Anyway, welcome again!

Cheers -- Gary