HybridZ

SARD Fuel Collector Surge Tank Setup?

SwapMag1c

Ok, I am leaning on having a surge tank for my DUAL 255 fuel pumps and a SINGLE Z32 TT Fuel Pump FEED the surge tank. I've seen where in all cases that the larger pumps feed the motor from the surge tank and the smaller ones feed the Surge Tank? The Z32 TT OEM FUEL PUMP is good to 700+ HP, the Surge Tank will be Dual Pump. All Line will be -6AN, with the Surge tank having 2 pump oulets (duh) and there are 4 more -6AN inlets/outlets with 1 being the Feed from the SINGLE pump, 1 being the return from the FPR, and 1 Returning to the Fuel Tank the 4th in/out will be blocked off. OR Would the Z32 N/A Pmp Keep the Surge tank full enough? i have a N/A Z32 and would already use the N/A Pump if i could. Any thoughts or hints?

Normally you would want to overfeed the mains with the booster to insure flooded inlets. I don't know the Z32NA Flow Rate at 3psi, but that is what you sohuld look at... chances are very good that it will have more than the fuel flow of the two mains at that inlet pressure. If you run those returns into the surge tank, it should really keep it topped off. You still should have one line return from the surge tank to the main tank in order to allow air to bleed off the top of the surge tank.

Some will use a Hobbs Pressure Switch at 3psi to light up a green/red LED or warning light to show if there is a problem with the boost-pump system (if the surge tank doesn't have at least 3psi, the light comes on) Some may go as far as to hook the main pump or an ECU permissive to that same style switch to drop the engine out should fuel flow become interrupted in any way.