HybridZ

Auto to Manual switchover

Hello everyone,

I will be swapping out my auto to a manual conversion here in a very short time, and have just a few questions.

I have someone who has a 1974 260z pedal assembly that he can sell me. I was just wondering if this assembly would work for my 1973 240z. (this will be both the clutch pedal and brake pedal, seeing as from what i've read, the brake pedal for a MT is smaller then the AT.)

I also have someone who can sell me a 1972 240z pedal assembly with the actual hard line from the MC to the SC. He on the other hand has been hard to get in touch with and i don't know if he'll come thru. He is very busy lately and hasn't returned my e-mails.

Anyway, i was just wondering if anyone here might have one in their JY they have seen or what not? I have checked around in Orange,CA and haven't come up on any. If u could help me out it would be a GREAT GREAT HELP. If not, Any information on what parts will work and won't would be GREATLY helpful incase i do come accross something.

Thanx again o wise ones . . .

-Matt

The 74 260z stuff will work *IF* it is from an early 260z. If it is from a 74.5 260z it may not work.

The late 260z was basically a 280z with an L26 engine. Lots of suspension stuff changed.

The early 260z was basically a late 240z with a 280z crankshaft and connecting rods. It had the 240z suspension...

Hope that helps

The 74 260z stuff will work *IF* it is from an early 260z. If it is from a 74.5 260z it may not work.

The late 260z was basically a 280z with an L26 engine. Lots of suspension stuff changed.

The early 260z was basically a late 240z with a 280z crankshaft and connecting rods. It had the 240z suspension...

Hope that helps

Lucky from what i've been reading and hearing from people is that the 72 pedals and bolts etc that i got will DEF work for my 73 conversion. The guy that sold me them even confirmed he himnself has done the swap out and the 73 already has the holes and so for to accept the manual pedals.

One thing though, I thought i remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be a mounting bracket for the clutch MC on the firewall? Or does the MC just bolt up through those two holes and that's it? Just wondering cause I'm a little lost. :)