HybridZ

Romac damper question

I'm using an ARP damper bolt and washer to hold my Romac damper in place. The issue is the size of the washer. As supplied by ARP (orange washer size), it is too large to fit into what would appear to be the correct (red) location. I am contemplating reducing the OD so that it will fit in the radiused step as shown in the attached diagram verses using as is in the orange location. Any of you guys come across a similar situation?

standard.jpg

Terry,

I have Two Romac Dampers. The first is a 0241SA/50 on my current engine, and the second is an 0241SA/28 for the 331 that I am building. I am using the factory bolt/washer to retain them both. The factory washer is 1.75" in diameter and fits into the cavity onto the only flat that is present on either of mine. I would definately reduce the washer such that it sits on the suface nearest the end of the crank. Otherwise, the washer will deform and place radial force on the balancer.