HybridZ

fuel pump not getting power

CantZme

hey guys I have everything hooked up according to the installation guide but my fuel pump is not turning on when I try starting the car. I'm currently running a tune that the MS was previously running off of (the car had started with this tune, but I decided to rewire the whole thing due to half assed install that was hacked onto the car when I paid some backyard mechanic to install it). When I try to start the car I am getting no power to the pump and I'm getting a clicking noise from the injectors and and the relay board as well (maybe the injectors are opening?) but this only happens when the key is in the on position. I have all the injectors grounded to the inj1 inj2 terminals on the long side of the board and getting power to the injectors from the 12V side of the board. The fuel pump power is connected to the fp terminal on the board and grounded where the pump is mounted in the rear (pump is a walbro 255). I know there is defenitely something wrong because the fuel pump works when I run it str8 to the battery, but it will not work when connected to the board and switched power is on...

Sounds like megasquirt never turns on the pump. Check the voltage at the relay board to make sure megasquirt is not sending a signal. Then you have to roll back figure out why megasquirt doesn't start up correctly. It should run the fuel pump for a second or two then stop until a timing event occurs (cranking engine, running engine).