HybridZ

5-way adjustable tokico illuminas

Guest Anonymous

It boils down to how far you want to lower the car. If you want to run it really low, then get the shorter struts (88 MR2 rear struts for the front, and 240Z front struts for the rear), shorten the strut tubes and install the coilovers. If you just want it an inch below stock ride height then just get regular 240Z inserts and install them. The trick is like Richard says that once you have the capability to really lower the car a lot with the coilovers, you'll need to resist that temptation. You know yourself. If you're gonna want the car low, section. There are a bunch of other threads on sectioning the struts, I still think sectioning about 2" from the top of the tube is easier and safer.

Well I'm currently on a 1.5" drop with the current springs, I got the coil overs with the car so I figured if I'm going to replaced things I may as well get everything replaced. will I be able to go 1.5" down on the 240z illumina kit on ebay or no?

So basically you're saying you want another 1.5" drop from where you are now. If that is so then the answer is sectioning the struts would be a good idea. If you don't you'll be pretty close to if not riding on the bumpstops all the time.

Search the strut thing. I know the MR2 struts have a larger diameter threaded area at the top, and they don't have a flat section machined into them like the stock struts do. The hole in the stock strut top is too small and has a D shape to it, so I'm not sure if you need to do anything about that other than drill the hole out, but check it out before you buy the struts.

Oh, then you can install them as is with regular 240Z struts, but you won't be able to lower the car much beyond where you have it now without hitting the bumpstops. Or if you section you can run the same ride height or as much as about 2" lower than the current ride height and still not ride on the bumpstops.