HybridZ

megasquirt my vg30et?

ZR8ED

This efi stuff is getting pretty old. I'm now starting into season 3 of not running a nice as it should. I'm either rich at idle or lean up top, etc..

Well I'm running out of patience, and its becoming $$$ obvious that a standalone is what I should have done in the first place. (I'm stubborn I suppose)

I've been doing plenty of reading, and am looking at the kits, and the only thing holding me back is a fear of starting all over again with wiring.

I have been reworking my stock 86 300zxt harness that I installed with the vg30ET into my 280. I have removed all unessasary wires, etc. I have had it apart many times now, and I'm doubting myself as to my abilities to wire a ms system. I have a FSM so the colour coded wiring has been pretty easy to deal with.

I guess my question is where do I start? Label every wire connection, and simply pull out all my fi harness and start fresh? I'm no electrician, and I am unsure how to begin a project like this. I don't want to spend my whole summer on this project. When I did the vg30et swap, I had a trusted friend and mechanic from start to finish, with 50 years of combined Z knowledge and all the tools we could use.

Now I'm on my own.

Any ideas? suggestions, words of encouragment?

Scott.

I did a half-ass write up on this, on blozup.com

I also am putting MSII on my VG that I'm putting in my S30. MSII is the way to go. It has much more precision than MSnS, etc, etc.

I would remove everything, and run all new wiring and sensors. It only requires a few of them. Also, getting the relay board is really useful. Do you have AC and other accessories? Getting the VG to run is easy, but getting everything else to work (dash, AC) is slightly more complicated.

PS - I am about to mount up my VG as soon as the steel I ordered arrives, thanks to the pictures you sent me eons ago!