HybridZ

fuel leak, whistle sound, steering wheel vibrations ???? help please

typhoone

okay, now I have a fuel leak somewhere, and I'm not sure where. I plan on looking for it tomorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on where I should check first.

also there is a high pitch whistle come from my car, but if I tap the brakes it quits for a second. its not quite a squel so I don't think its a belt. would the driveshaft do anything like that?

finally, my steering wheel shakes....a lot. if I am driving down the road and I look at my hands it looks like I am having a siezure. it drives straight but the vibrations are starting to annoy me.

thanks for any and all help.

-typhoone

For the fuel leak you can try some of that UV dye that you add to the fuel and use a black light to find it.

Might check your pads if, when you tap the brakes, the noise goes away.

Steering wheel shaking, first have your tires balanced. If that doesn't do it then you might check for bad bushings in the front suspension... but its most likely going to be the balance of the tires.

I have, in my eclipse. it was BAD. lol. I went to try and check everything before I had to leave....but the battery was dead, and I was pressed for time, so I guess I will try again tomorrow, ill just put it on charge tonight.