HybridZ

PRE-MADE intercooler piping for l28et?

Guest 280ZForce

not sure why you would want a pre-made kit? that would usually cost $$$... way cheaper to just fab your own or have some one do it for you.

Guest 280ZForce
i know man but just didnt want the down time.rather slap it on an ride.. ill probably go to VRS an tell them to make me a set of pipes with bov flange an everything ... probably cost me about 450$

wow, i hope that includes a top of the line BOV itself with that price! otherwise rip off and ouch!

well they'll make it an route it anyway id like.. also.. i have old school HKS bov which ill recirculate

the pricing may be steep but down time of 1 day..any route id like plus any size diameter piping, mandrel bent,nice welds...

cant ask for more.. but yea the pricing is a bit high but worth it in my opinion.

an yea its black w/ tan interior

Guest 280ZForce

any route you like, good welds, and any size is part of the deal at any shop...it's a standard. You pay for what you want.

Making and routing intercooler piping should be less than a days work at any shop regardless. It's not rocket science.

I made my own piping and I had never metal fabricated before that and I did it in less than a few hours.

I mean $450 is way outta price IMHO. I wouldnt pay more than maybe like $150-$200 tops. My friend I think paid $200 for his to be made w/ mandrel pipes and he has a lot of piping on his 280z at that is at So Cal rates where everything is high priced mostly.

I think I spent like $130 for all the Aluminum 3" tubes I spent $160+ on silicone hose and couplers and more than $80 bucks on all the T-bolt clamps then I spent like 5 bucks per end of each tube to have a bead rolled into them, probably 40-50 bucks. Then I spent countless hours making it as perfect as I could. 6 months later I came across a sale on a huge Greddy BOV for $170.

So lets add it up.

130+160+80+40+170=580

I was at $410 before I bought the BOV, how much do you expect this shop to make on the job?

I would say $450 sounds like a deal lf the quality is good. But if you want it done right sometimes you gotta do it yourself.

Make sure to look at some of their other work before you put your money down, IN PERSON, not in a photo.

Heres a photo of mine from the show

249439621.jpg

• 3 months later...

like 2fiddyz said, all his added up to 450 with new parts, but for you, you are only paying 450 for piping only and route it the way you want, compare yours with fiddy, I think that a little over price for just routing and piping and also added for that price you should check out the quality of the work.