HybridZ

need some advice, probably to late

remember this thread?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=122643

well I got off my old retired butt and did the phone calls, necessary too everyone I know and found a very similar deal and purchased it.(always wanted a decent 300 amp TIG) and after watching the previous owner weld a small aluminum bracket just to be sure it functioned at least some what,and at a very good price ,very similar miller 330 amp tig above but with water cooled torch,extra tips ETC. but I want to have one of the three,the local MILLER WELDING shops in the area/suppler guys check it out and adjust it before I start playing with it.

my question, is whats the average cost for a shop to send a guy out on premiss for an inspection, and if I need any major parts/components, wheres the best place to get them at a good price

My shop's rate is $75 an hour, and I would imagine that is fairly common. It wouldn't be worth shipping to me obviously, but if you run into something part-wise that seems to have high mark-up, let me know and I'll see if I can shave some margin for you.... Machines don't make us any money, so we live on margin on everything else = ) I can probably do a decent deal on torches and consumable parts, and possibly consumable metals as well.

• 2 weeks later...

grumpyvette: contact Reliable Tool Service (Reliable Tool Repair something like that) on Wallis Road in West Palm... It is just off of Southern Blvd east of the turnpike, turn north onto Cleary road and go one block, turn right and they are at the eastern end of the first warehouse compound. Good labor, good labor rates, and parts available if you want. I worked at the place for a few months; I live right up the street from him. The guy's name is Jim, top notch dude.