HybridZ

JCI t56 crossmember dimension?

I have just received my LS1 T56 JCI kit including a 280Z crossmember. Although my car is a 4/73 240Z the rails are in rather poor condition (speed humps. etc) and I am going to fit deeper rails which will facilitate the 280Z type mounting.

I am trying to circumvent the need to install the engine and gearbox to identify the crossmember mounting points as I would like to construct the new rails with full rail-width tube inserts for the crossmember while the shell in on the rotisserie.

I am proposing to use the bottom edge of the firewall as a datum reference and identify the distance to the middle of the crossmember width. See photo.

If two or three could provide this dimension and there is some comsistency then this would be of benefit to others doing this installation. You must have a 240Z but it doesn't matter if you have the 'thru-the-floor' bolting style. Perhaps the measurement of both sides could also help.

JCI mount dimension_thumb.jpg