HybridZ

Dash lights dont turn on... an so on an so forth

Yea hope theres someone out there that can help me on this...

Ok Well i have a 83 280zx turbo

things that have occured in the last months

Last 3 injectors close to driver leak out the o-ring <---easy fix

power windows dont function..

dash lights dont turn on an clock isnt working

speedo is goin crazy even at a dead stop... the needle even broke

radio doesnt work

brakelights only turn on when applying the brakes

an heres a fukin marvelous one....driver door doesnt open i wanna fix this like all tomorrow but it doesnt seem likely maybe with some insight with guys that have had these problems in the past it can be fixed quick an painless without the chase of gremlins.

PLEASE HELP.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

No you don't need to replace them, they should burn through the insulation (and wire) if they were shorted. You might inspect them closer and make sure the wire isn't shorted inside. If you want to be really sure you could check them with a multimeter (do a continuity test).

brake lights are supposed to only come on when you brake. Are you confusing them with tail lights. check for power to the bulb then make sure your grounds are good.

Driver door can be an adjustment in the door. Happened to me. You need to take off the door panel and observe the lock mechanism there is an adjusting screw to make sure the unlock works. If you can't get the door open you probably need to take out the driver seat to get at the door panel

For the dash light not working: Check the big white connector under the steering column. Disconnect the connector and look for burned up connector. I had this happenned to me before.

Power window not working: Open up your door panel and check for power to the motor when you push the switch. If there is power at the motor then obviously your motor is dead. Let me know if you need one. I have a few of them laying around the garage.

Speedo going crazy: you have oil in your speedometer cable. Replace the seal at the transmission end of the cable and replace the cable as well.

Radio doesn't work: Get a new one.

Your brake light works fine. Just your running light is not working. It is tied into the interior light system. Fix the #1 problem above and it should be OK.

GL