HybridZ

The latest goings on in my shop...

Mikelly

So I've been working on Jim M.'s car to get it at a point to get it shipped to North Carolina for a series of software tuning/fixes to finish up the mechanical portion of the work done on the car... We cut off the pitiful excuse of an exhaust and those damned mangled S&S headers the other shop installed... I'll have what's left of them at the shindig for some to check out... I'd suspect Jim was losing well over 50HP on those headers and exhaust alone...

I had to drop the tranny after I had everything buttoned back up, due to not being able to attack the master line to the release bearing on the wilwood... Got that accomplisshed last night and a much better driveshaft installed. I am modifying the mounts for the tranny so the drive shaft lines up better... The previous shop did a horrible job in so many areas, I'm embarrased every time I stumble across one of their "mods"... :roll:

Once Jim's car is out of the way, The modification to the existing shop begins and I'll have the truss mods complete in a day. Then its just sheetrocking everything in the ceiling (With insulation) and painting the walls/ceiling/floors. The wooden benches that surround most walls are being ripped out and replaced with lots of above head storage, to keep the floor space freed up.

I hope to have much of this work complete by the Zcar shindig. However, due to this work, I wont' be spending much time on my own Zcar while I finish the shop up... It's killing me to have a lift and not be able to use it... Once the lift is done and the shop mods are complete, I'll get the electric company in to run the new service to the building. Panel is done and all work is complete, except the drops for the compressor and the lift.

Mike